Monday, August 31, 2015

First Day of School Tomorrow...SURROUNDED by Boxes!

We're still house-hunting...have to be out of our current rental by the end of the month at the latest, mid-month if possible.  Meanwhile, I'm having to be creative in where I place the boxes of things that have been packed, seeing as we still have to be able to live here for a little while longer.



In my husband's study...




 In the living room, above our school bookshelf...


 Even in the kitchen!





But tomorrow is September 1st, and that means it's time to start school with my 3rd grader.  Here's my Sonlight Instructor's Guide. I split it between two notebooks, 18 weeks in each. Scanned and printed a color copy of the IG cover so both notebooks are easily identifiable.




And here's week 1. My daughter's excited. I'm excited. We're about to start a new adventure, as we explore Sonlight's Core D, the first of two years of Introduction to American History.

I cheated a little bit. For her bedtime story, we started out by reading the first pages of Pedro's Journal.

So while our box-filled living spaces aren't anything like the homeschooling spaces featured in this blog post, and while we may have to take a break in a couple weeks, for now we're going to dig in and get started on our new learning adventure! It really doesn't matter if we have a beautiful room. What matters is that we recognize that learning can happen anywhere, any time, no matter what our circumstances.


No comments: