Monday, August 20, 2012

2012-2013 Curriculum

I'll be homeschooling my two youngest daughters this school year with Sonlight Curriculum. When my oldest daughter, now an adult, was in the first grade in 1996, I attempted to "do Sonlight" by just using the same books they had listed in their catalog and making up my own schedule. I found that to be rather overwhelming, so beginning with her 2nd grade year back in 1997 I purchased their Instructor's Guide and have since then done every one of the Sonlight cores...some more than once!

This year I have a 7th grader and a kindergartener.  I'll be using Core H with my 12 year old daughter, my 3rd time to use this core. It will also be my 3rd time to use Core A, which my youngest daughter, 5, will be doing. She is an advanced reader, already confidently reading at about a 3rd grade level, so that is reflected in the materials I'll be using with her.

So here's a list sharing some of what each girl will be using this year:

Kindergarten:
7th Grade:
This could end up getting tweaked here and there as the year progresses, but this is our starting point! School starts in just two weeks! We will have our first day on the day after Labor Day.

No comments: