This year I have a 7th grader and a kindergartener. I'll be using Core H with my 12 year old daughter, my 3rd time to use this core. It will also be my 3rd time to use Core A, which my youngest daughter, 5, will be doing. She is an advanced reader, already confidently reading at about a 3rd grade level, so that is reflected in the materials I'll be using with her.
So here's a list sharing some of what each girl will be using this year:
- Sonlight Core A with Grade 2 Readers
- Sonlight Science A
- Miquon Math
- Explode the Code
- The Learnables (Spanish)
- Handwriting Without Tears
- and for daily devotions, the book Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions For Kids by Sarah Young
- PLUS lots and lots of fun stuff from Pinterest!
- Sonlight Core H (World History from the Renaissance to Modern Times)
- Apologia Physical Science
- Teaching Textbooks math
- Vocabulary Vine
- Essentials in Writing
- ABC Stenoscript (a form of shorthand writing that I learned when I was in school)
- The Thinking Toolbox (Logical Fallacies)
- she may be doing some exploratory studies in French, to see if that's a language she'd like to learn.
- Plus stuff from Pinterest!